Friday, September 24, 2010

Today.

It is beautiful outside today. Almost like God is making a point to me. Matt is okay, you woke up this morning praising my name, everything is fine.
(Picture by Liz Caro. A friend of mine on Facebook who I have not been able to spend any time with lately but love her photos she posts. I literately live next to cornfields and this is a picture taken by Liz on one of her adventures I guess.)

Sometimes I think it's funny the way us mere humans stress over things that make no sense, or over things that God is taking care of. We worry so much about surviving, money, family, and health. In reality it is normal to want to go beyond your means and do it yourself, but God doesn't want that. He wants you to find him in everything you do. Without complaining or arguing(Philippians 2:14). He wants us to live and find living in his name our greatest accomplishment. Not work, not surviving, but to love and be loved in return.

Prayer for today:
Thank you God for allowing me to wake up with Your name on my lips. To find in me the strength to outlast what other people believed in me. Thank you for allowing someone dear and close to my heart remain in my life. Thank you for blessing me with your grace and mercy.
Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to stop by and say 'thanks' for stopping by my place and following my blog. Welcome, sister in Christ! :)

    I love this corn picture. What a great perspective. Thanks for this reminder to focus on love rather than worry - people instead of stuff - others instead of me.

    I love that you woke up with His name on your lips. I want that too :)

    ReplyDelete