Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nothing has changed.

I've been neglecting my bog really.
There's been so much going on that lately I've been avoiding Blogger.
I need more sleep I guess.

Dear Sunday,
I only like you when I get to go to church and spend time with my family.
Other than that you lead into the next full and busy week.
I do laundry, dishes, homework, cleaning, and still feel like I get nothing accomplished.
I would like you more is everyone really kept the Sabbath.
I try, but mostly Sundays are my major work days.
In order for us to have a better relationship I feel I need to make this change.
Starting next week you will be my Sabbath, and we will build a relationship from there.
Love,
Christian

2 comments:

  1. Sundays -- are a gift from God. What you as a child of God do with it, the best that you can .. will still make Him smile. He pretty well understands 'rest'.. cos He too rested on the sabbath day. But if Sundays become work days too.. I guess it's still fine. We're human. And God understands too about being human.

    Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I don't feel rested either, if I'm buzzing around just like every other day.

    Man was not made for the Sabbath, but Sabbath for man, Jesus said. So it's not about 'rules', it's about taking a breather to go into the next days recharged.

    I reduce my work load by spreading out cleaning and baking during the other 6 days, and choosing easy meals for Sunday. Often I'll make ahead so it's just a matter of warming it up on Sunday.

    I love it. It really is a day off :)

    ReplyDelete