Saturday, October 9, 2010

Change

A few things I have currently discovered about myself that need to change.

I need to not be stubborn and give up ever aspect of my life to God. So far I felt like I was doing a pretty good job with this...until today.

I need to allow people into my life and build stronger friendships.

I need to keep getting healthy so that I can continue to feel better and have more energy.

I need to read more in the Bible.

I need to spend more time talking to God then I do thinking about how I look.

I need to get rid of my Tumblr.

I need to set boundaries for future relationships now.

I need to experience more of life.

That's it for now, something to think about...
Today I spent the majority of my time in a relationship seminar with my good friend Krystyn. It was probably one of the most amazing things I have ever been to. It wasn't in this huge auditorium, but in a little church in a little no where town called Rauntol. The couple who gave the lecture were a younger couple who had been married six years. Both grew up in a Christian family and lived over seas with Missionaries parents. Their story was anything too extraordinary or false. They both didn't find God by having near death experiences...they both just found each other. The wife was born into a very diverse family. Her father was half Japanese and Philippine, and her mother was German. When she was 12 she made a vow that She would not date until she was 18, and wouldn't kiss until engaged. As well as those standards she wouldn't date until she planned to marry that person and was ready to give up that relationship if God wanted her too.
Sounds st rage considering everything I just said, but she said that when she was prepared to give up anything for God...she was prepared to have a husband.

Made more sense to me then anything has in the past 18 years of my life. Grant it. I have dated, still a virgin and have only kissed boys and both times were just pecks. Now, after hearing everything I'm so glad that's all I did. Because when it comes time for me to have a husband, the only memories I ever want to think of are the ones I make with him. :) Just some thoughts I and for today. I have plenty more but I'm afraid I am exhausted from this long weekend and will see you cats tomorrow!

Praise the Lord,
Tomorrow is church and the day to take the Lord's supper. As well the Sabbath!

No comments:

Post a Comment